ISO17025 – Laboratory management system
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 is an ISO standard used by testing and calibration laboratories
to show competence in their ability to perform specific tests or calibrations.
Accreditation to the standard is a formal recognition of a demonstration of that
ISO/IEC 17025 was initially published in 1999. A revision was added in 2005 and
the standard was recently updated in November 2017.
ISO/IEC 17025 enhances the acceptance of products across national borders. By
removing the need for additional calibration, testing, medical testing and/or
inspection of imports and exports, technical barriers to trade are reduced. In this
way, the free-trade goal of a ‘product tested or calibrated once and accepted
everywhere’ can be realized.
Who should attend?
Managers and staff from different departments
At the end of the course the trainees will:
1- Basics of a Lab-MS and ISO/IEC 17025
• What is ISO/IEC 17025?
• What is an Lab-MS?
• Benefits of Accreditation
• What is needed for the Accreditation Process?
2- . ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Requirements
• Clause 4 – General Requirements
• Clause 5 – Structural Requirements
• Clause 6 – Resource Requirements
• Clause 7 – Process Requirements
• Clause 8 – Management System Requirements